Mar 1, 2011 - 3:19:42 PM
The symbol of the Atmel AVR Studio 5 is the ladybug. A ladybug is a bug that eats other bugs. [Editor - Nice use of symbolism]
Atmel AVR Studio 5 Features:
Features of the new Atmel AVR Studio 5 include:
- Visual Studio Editor
- Support for all Atmel tinyAVR, megaAVR, AVR, XMEGA, and AVR UC3 microcontrollers
- C/C++ compiler
- Debugger & Simulator
- Support for target board debugging via JTAG or PDI (Program Debug Interface)
- Target Board verify fuse settings lock bits, available memory, target microcontroller type, and more
- AVR Software Framework
- App Note Library
- Over 400 completed example projects
- Fully documented drivers for all on-chip peripherals
- Wired and wireless communications stacks
- Audio codecs
- Graphics drivers
- Touchscreen drivers and code
- Fixed and floating point math libraries
- Easy direct online access to recent application notes and data sheet
- In-System Programming support (with proper cable)
Atmel's AVR Studio 5 is completely free and completely free of limits - there is no code size limit for compiled code and no additional compiler purchase is necessary. The suite is completely free and has no limits. It is totally project compatible with AVR Studio 4 and if a programmer wishes to compare the two versions, AVR Studio 5 can peacefully co-exist next to Studio 4.
The intelligent code editor takes advantage of Visual Assist. As the programmer writes code, a drop-down box appears at the cursor point to suggest properly-formed code and functions.
The Atmel AVR Studio 5 can be configured to automatically check for and downloads program updates. It can also be configured to only update itself upon request of the user.
AVR Studio 5 boasts a microcontroller simulator. Programmers can simulate all features of the target microcontroller core and peripherals, including all undocumented aspects of the core.
All of Atmel's future development environments will be based upon the AVR Studio IDE. Atmel will no longer support Eclipse-based IDEs or editors. As Eclipse is more geared towards desktop PC software development, Eclipse has not proven itself as efficient or effective as a dedicated embedded development IDE such as AVR Studio.
"Atmel Corporation (NASDAQ: ATML) is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry's broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with complete system solutions focused on industrial, consumer, communications, computing and automotive markets."
Mobile Web Made Easy
Recent Microcontroller.com visitors where location can be determined.
|Embedded Systems News|
|Embedded System Product News|
|Development Tools News|
|Embedded Business News|
|Bits and Bytes|