Embedded System Product News
By Bill Giovino
Sep 25, 2012 - 10:05:00 PM
First M0+ Microcontroller and Lowest M0+ Core. What's that mean?
Freescale Semiconductor has introduced the Freescale Kinetis L-Series microcontroller family. Based on the ARM Cortex-M0+ core, the Kinetis L-Series targets 8-bit and 16-bit applications.
The Freescale Kinetis L-Series is a portfolio of new mixed-signal ARM Cortex-M0+ microcontrollers. This new microcontroller family includes 5 configurations that offer a broad range of memory, peripheral and package options. Kinetis L Series families share common peripherals and are pin-compatible, allowing Engineers to easily migrate within an MCU family or between MCU families to take advantage of more memory or feature integration. This scalability allows Engineers to move between different Kinetis L-Series, enhancing hardware and software reuse.
Freescale Kinetis L-Series Features
Features of the Freescale Kinetis L-Series include:
|Freescale Kinetis KL2 Microcontroller Block Diagram|
- 48 MHz ARM Cortex-M0+ Core
- Run current 40µA/MHz (spec'ed)
- Run current 6.4mA Typical (7.8mA Max) @ Vcc=3V, 25ºC
- 48MHz core speed
- All peripheral clocks enabled,
- WHILE(1) loop executing from Flash
- Deep Sleep (lowest) current VLLS0: 381nA Typical (943nA Max) @ Vcc=3V, 25ºC
- 176nA Typical (860nA Max) with Brownout Protection disabled
- Sleep Current VLLS1: 700nA Typical, 1.4uA Max @ 3V, 25ºC
- VLLS3: 1.4µA Typical, 3.42µA Max @ 3V, 25ºC
- Up to 128 KB Flash Memory
- 12/16-bit ADC
- 12-bit DAC
- Analog Comparator
- Up to three UARTs
- Up to two SPIs
- Up to two I2C
- One I2S
- Optional capacitive Touch Sensing Interface
- Powerful timers for a broad range of applications including motor control
- USB 2.0 full-speed host/device/OTG
Availability and Pricing
"The Kinetis L series MKL25Z128VLK4 (80 LQFP) MCU is available now at a suggested resale price of $1.98 (USD) in 10,000-unit quantities. The Freescale Freedom development platform (FRDM-KL25Z) is available at a suggested resale price of $12.95 (USD). The Tower System TWR-KL25Z module is available at a suggested resale price of $99 (USD). The entry-level Kinetis L series device, the KL02 MCU, is planned for broad availability in early 2013 at a suggested resale price of 49 cents (USD)."
About Freescale Semiconductor
"Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE:FSL) is a global leader in embedded processing solutions, providing industry leading products that are advancing the automotive, consumer, industrial and networking markets. The company is based in Austin, Texas, and has design, research and development, manufacturing and sales operations around the world."
"Freescale, the Freescale logo, Kinetis and Processor Expert are trademarks of Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. ARM is the registered trademark of ARM Limited. Cortex is the trademark of ARM Limited. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners."
© Copyright 2018 Microcontroller.com