Jul 29, 2010 - 2:55:27 PM
STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST SPEAr1310 microcontroller, a dual-core microcontroller with a DDR3 memory interface and plenty of networking peripherals.
The 32-bit ST SPEAr1310 microcontroller has two ARM Cortex-A9 cores (ARM926EJ-S) and a DDR3 (Third-generation double-data rate) memory interface. It is manufactured in STMicroelectronics' 55nm HCMOS process technology.
The ST SPEAr1310 microcontroller incorporates the ST Network-on-Chip (STNoC) technology, which internally networks the microcontroller's on-chip peripheral & IP blocks in a "spidergon" arrangement, where each on-chip peripheral & IP block is connected to adjacent blocks, rather than the traditional common bus arrangement. This results in a more efficient architecture.
On-chip configurable logic is also available, for up to 1300 Kgates.
The ST SPEAr1310 microcontroller with dual ARM Cortex-A9 processors support both fully symmetric and asymmetric operations, at speeds of 600MHz/core (industrial worst-case conditions) for 3000 DMIPS equivalent.
Spear SPEAr1310 Features
Key features of the STMicroelectronics ST SPEAr1310 microcontroller include:
- Two ARM Cortex-A9 cores (ARM926EJ-S)
- 32 KByte Boot RAM
- Two Giga/Fast Ethernet MACs (for external GMII/RGMII/MII PHY)
- Three 10/100 BaseT Ethernet MACs
- three PCIe/SATA Gen2 links (with embedded PHY)
- One 32-bit PCI expansion bus (up to 66 MHz)
- Two USB 2.0 ports with PHY
- One USB 2.0 OTG port with PHY
- Two CAN 2.0 a/b interfaces
- Two TDM/E1 HDLC controllers with 256/32 time slots per frame respectively
- Two HDLC controllers for external RS485 PHYs
- Six USARTs
- Two I2C
- Two I2S
- One SPI
- HD Display controller with Touchscreen and Overlay windows capabilities
- Memory Card I/F
- Security HW Accelerator
- Secure Boot and Key Storage capabilities
- Many Power saving features
Samples of the ST SPEAr1310 are now available upon request to lead customers for evaluation and prototyping. Pricing is not yet available - check back for updates to this article!
"STMicroelectronics is a global leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications with innovative semiconductor solutions. ST aims to be the undisputed leader in multimedia convergence and power applications leveraging its vast array of technologies, design expertise and combination of intellectual property portfolio, strategic partnerships and manufacturing strength. In 2009, the Company's net revenues were $8.51 billion."
Mobile Web Made Easy
|Embedded Systems News|
|Embedded System Product News|
|Development Tools News|
|Embedded Business News|
|Bits and Bytes|