Mar 2, 2010 - 3:01:19 AM
Microchip has introduced sixteen new 8-bit nanoWatt XLP Flash microcontrollers targeted for low power applications. These new microcontrollers boast a run current of 43 µA/MHz at 1.8V and a sleep current listed at 20nA.
These new sixteen microcontrollers are available in pin counts from 8- to 64-pins.
Specifications of the new microcontrollers include:
- 32 MHz operation
- 1.8 – 5.5V (including full analog peripheral operation)
- 20 nA @ 1.8V Standby current (Typical) (PIC16F19xx: 60 nA @ 1.8V)
- 31.25 kHz to 32 MHz, Software Selectable
- Up to 14 KBytes Flash (PIC16F19xx: up to 28 KB Flash)
- 256 Bytes Data EEPROM
- Up to 1 KBytes SRAM
- Up to 4 x 8-bit Timers
- 1 x 16-bit Timer
- Real-Time Clock
- 2 x MI2C/SPI
- 1 x EUSART
- 25mA source/sink I/Os
- Up to 12 x 10-bit A/D (PIC16F19xx: 17 x 10-bit A/D)
- Up to 2 Comparators with Rail-to-Rail Inputs (PIC16F19xx: 3)
- Up to 4-channel PWM with Independent Time (PIC16F19xx 5)
- mTouch Capacitive Touch Sensing Up to 12 Channels (PIC16F19xx: Up to 16 Channels)
- LCD Drive 184 Segments (PIC16F19xx only)
- Data Signal Modulator (PIC12F182x & PIC16F182x only)
Interrupt latency for synchronous interrupts is 3 or 4 instruction cycles. For asynchronous interrupts, latency is 3 to 5 instruction cycles, depending on when the interrupt occurs.
Microchip's PICDEM Lab Development Kit can be used with the PIC1XF182X microcontrollers. The kit includes development board containing five popular 8-bit PIC microcontrollers; a bag of discrete components; a debugger/programmer, and a CD containing a User's Guide, labs and application examples.
Microchip‘s complete suite of standard development tools can also be used with the new microcontrollers, including the free MPLAB IDE, along with a free HI-TECH C Lite for PIC16 microcontrollers.
Additional development tools are also available.
Packaging, Pricing & Availability
The PIC12F182x, PIC16F182x, and PIC16F19xx microcontrollerss are available in DFN, PDIP, QFN, SOIC, TQFP, TSSOP and UQFN packages of varying sizes, from 8- to 64-pins; at prices ranging from $0.69 to $1.74 each, in 10,000-unit quantities.
About Microchip Technology
"Microchip Technology Inc. (NASDAQ: MCHP) is a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Headquartered in Chandler, Ariz., Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality"
Mobile Web Made Easy
Recent Microcontroller.com visitors where location can be determined.
|Embedded Systems News|
|Embedded System Product News|
|Development Tools News|
|Embedded Business News|
|Bits and Bytes|