Jan 27, 2004 - 7:11:00 PM
Plano, TX - Keil Software, a recognized leader in the embedded development tools market, today announced a major release of the C166 Compiler Version 5.0 for the C16x/ST10/XC16x families of microcontrollers.
Version 5 is a major release, and introduces new productivity features that enable embedded software developers to create applications faster. Included are:
- µVision3 IDE, which adds features such as Source Code Outlining, Function Navigation, Template Editor, Incremental Search, a Configuration Wizard (to assist in setup of startup code and configuration settings), and a Logic Analyzer (which allows you to chart signals in the µVision3 Simulator).
- µVision3 support for the CVS Software Version Control System.
- Improved function in-lining that is fully optimized in program context. When used with the extended in-line assembler the Keil C166 C Compiler allows you to create in-line functions that generate the same efficient code as intrinsic functions.
- Advanced 166 RTOS with FLASH file system and TCP/IP stack.
- EC++ Embedded C++ Compiler for object-oriented programming.
- Support for OCDS debugging with ULINK or Parallel Port Wiggler.
- Complete support for Infineon XC16x devices including accurate device simulation.
Please note that only customers with valid software maintenance agreements may download the V5 update.
For more information, refer to the Release Notes for C51 Version 5 from the Keil Software website.
About Keil Software
Founded in 1986, Keil Software makes C compilers, macro assemblers, real-time kernels, debuggers, simulators, integrated environments, and evaluation boards for the 8051, 251, and C16x/ST10 microcontroller families. Products available from Keil Software include embedded development tools, evaluation software, product updates, application notes, example code, and technical support. More information is available from Keil Software.