Sep 27, 2006 - 10:05:00 AM
ZiLOG has introduced the Zilog ZNEO, their first 16-bit microcontroller product as an extension of their popular Z8 8-bit product line. This new 16-bit core, called ZNEO (pronounced "Zee-knee-oh"), fills Zilog's product family portfolio and positions the company as a broad range microcontroller supplier.
Zilog ZNEO Core Features
The new Zilog ZNEO core boasts an impressive array of features, including:
- 20 MHz Zilog ZNEO CPU Core (Big Endian) with pipelined architecture
- Single-Cycle CISC (more powerful than a single-cycle RISC)
- Direct register-to-register architecture
- Sixteen 32-bit ALU registers
- Supports 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit ALU operations
- 24-bit address bus
- 16-bit internal data bus
- 32-bit ALU
- C-compiler friendly instruction set
- Zero-wait state internal Flash
- 7 cycle interrupt latency (typical)
- 32x32 Multiply (signed or unsigned)
- 64/32 Divide (signed or unsigned)
- 24-bit stack with overflow protection
- Programmable Priority Interrupts
- Oscillator Fail Detection
Key features of the first members of the Zilog ZNEO Z16F product family include:
- Up to 128 KB internal Flash program memory with 16-bit access and in-circuit programming capability
- Up to 4 KB internal RAM with 16-bit access
- 12-channel 10-bit A/D with 2µSec Conversion Time
- Internal Operational Amplifier, Analog Comparator
- Dual on-chip oscillator for 5.53 MHz operation or low power 32KHz secondary oscillator
- 4-channel DMA
- Two full-duplex 9-bit UARTS with support for LIN and IrDA
- I2C master-slave controller
- Enhanced Serial Peripheral Interface (ESPI) controller
- Pin compatible to ZiLOG Encore Series
- Temperature ranges: 0°C to +70°C, -40°C to +105°C, -40°C to +125°C
|Part Number||Flash (KB)||RAM (KB)||Ext IF||I/O||64/68 pin PKG||80 pin PKG||100 pin PKG|
Software and Development Kits
The ZiLOG ZNEO Z16F series is supported by the ZNEO Series Modular Development System (MDS). A free ANSI C-Compiler with IDE is also available. Tools include plenty of code examples.
About Zilog, Inc.
Founded in 1974, Zilog won international acclaim for designing one of the first architectures in the microprocessors and microcontrollers industry. Today, Zilog is a leading global supplier of 8-bit micro logic devices. It designs, manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of devices for embedded control and communication applications used in consumer electronics, home appliances, security systems, point of sales terminals, personal computer peripherals, as well as industrial and automotive applications. ZiLOG is headquartered in San Jose, California, and employs approximately 500 people worldwide with sales offices throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
© Microcontroller.com. All Rights Reserved.